As Paul McCartney once put it, “money can’t buy me love,” and we here at LiveBetterCheaper couldn’t agree with this statement more. That’s why today, we’re here to present 7 affordable date night ideas for you and your significant other.
Whether it’s your first date or something that you do once a month, it doesn’t have to be big and extravagant to make an impression. Sometimes all you need is a little imagination, a sense of adventure, and maybe a copy of the aforementioned Beatles single to remind you that you don’t need cash to buy love.
So what can you do? Here are a few ideas:
1. Dinner and a Movie: One of the oldest tricks in the book, but this doesn’t necessarily mean having to make reservations at a posh restaurant and eating quickly so you can make it to the next showing of that romantic comedy you had planned on seeing. Instead, eat dinner at one of your homes and check out a movie on Netflix or Redbox. If you really want to go the extra mile, cook the meal yourself and find some candles or music to add to the ambiance.
2. Open Mic Night: So maybe you want to go out somewhere. One reasonably-priced idea is to head out to the coffee shop, especially if they typically host an open mic night. Many don’t charge admission (except for maybe the price for a cup of coffee) and you’ll be entertained by an eclectic mix of music, poetry, comedy and more. You can even take to the stage yourself if you want to try and impress your date.
3. Stargazing: Perfect for those who don’t want to go too far. All you need is a blanket, a little bug repellant (it is summertime, after all), a clear night and an open patch of grass in your backyard or park.
Side note: can also work for those who have rooftop access.
4. The Great Outdoors: What better way to spend a date than by enjoying the outdoors? Pack lunch and have a picnic somewhere, go hiking, or even camping and rock climbing if you’re into that sort of thing. This is perfect for those who live in wooded areas or close to a park.
5. Wine Tastings: Wineries are popping up everywhere, and many will offer free (or if not, cheap) wine tastings in one of their rooms. So go ahead, try out a few, learn something about them and maybe you’ll find your next wine to enjoy during your next dinner date (see idea #1 on this list).
6. Photography Tour: Do you or your significant other have a camera? Then put it to use! Take a bike ride (cheaper than gas) and go take pictures of things you like, then turn those pictures into a collage or even an album to chronicle your adventures.
7. Game Time: Card games, board games, Scene-It. Anything is fair game. This is great for those who enjoy a little friendly competition (plus, it’s cheaper than the arcade). If you really want to kick things up a notch, add a stipulation that says loser has to buy dinner and/or drinks…
Well, it will at least be affordable for one of you…
Did we miss something? What are some of your favorite ideas? Feel free to share in our comments section below and keep this discussion going.
A Few Coupons To Make Date Night Even More Affordable:
Personalization Mall | 15% Off Entire Order (Exclusive, ongoing)
Vitis | $10 Off Your Order (ongoing)
Eddie Bauer | $20 off When You Buy 2 Select Women’s Items (ongoing)