It’s summertime, and some factors can have you can be feeling less than fine. That’s why today, we here at LiveBetterCheaper are presenting to you 10 tips to help you manage and deal with stress so you can start feeling fine this season.
Sometimes there’s no getting around it. Stress will pop up from time to time, and if too much of it builds up, it can lead to health problems such as higher anxiety, irritability, depression and becoming more susceptible to illness. While completely eradicating the problem is next to impossible, it is possible to manage it so you can go about your day.
So what can you do? Here are a few ideas:
1. Regular Diet and Exercise: This deals with the physical aspect of relieving stress. Many people like to blow off steam by partaking in activities such as running and jogging, boxing, weight lifting or even yoga. Plus, while you’re at it, take this time to change your diet for the better. Studies have shown that there is a link between poor diets and mood changes.
2. Turn Off Your Brain (And Your Tech Toys): The world moves at such a fast pace these days, and struggling to keep up can lead to more stress. Each day, take some time to turn off your brain, and for you workaholics, this part might not sound too appealing, but turn off the computer, stop checking your phone every few minutes, look away from the monitor, and get away from your work for a few moments.
3. “Me” Time: Between work, relationships, the kids (if you have any), looming deadlines and the like, that’s enough to bring anyone down. Thankfully, there is a solution: take some time for yourself! Sometimes the best thing you can do is to do something for yourself. If that means going on a walk by yourself, reading a book at the coffee shop or listening to “Here Comes The Sun” on repeat, then by all means, go for it.
4. Go Outside: Generally, it gets warmer outside in the summer, so why not take advantage of it? Besides giving yourself an opportunity to engage in a little activity, studies have shown that even the summertime atmosphere can help you to relax. So lay down in the grass, read a book, go for a run (see tip #1) or hit the pool.
5. Vacations and Stay-Cations: Sometimes the best stress reliever is to get away for a few days. Get away from the place that makes you stressed to fully recharge your batteries. However, since sometimes a week’s vacation is out of the question, take advantage of your weekends. Plan some fun, go camping or see your friends for a change.
6. A Delicate Balance: Time off can be a great opportunity to have some fun, but to get the most out of it, find a balance between that and relaxation. Doing too much can often leave you exhausted before you have to return to the grind.
7. New Hobbies: Yes, there are some people who just need to stay busy or else they might not know what to do with themselves. If this describes you, use this time to take up a new hobby. Taking up something like painting, delve into some summer reading, engage in sports, anything really.
8. Meditation: There’s a reason people still practice this ancient art, because it’s effective. Medication has been proven to produce the “relaxation response” and can even lead to health benefits such as lowering blood pressure and depression.
9. Be Good To Yourself: So many things can cause stress, but the one that might be causing the most could be in the mirror staring back at you. Life already has enough stress. There’s no need to add more pressure to it. Reward yourself from time to time, celebrate your personal achievements, or for those who need to constantly push themselves, don’t put the finish line so far away.
10. Laugh!: You know the old saying, that laughter is the best medicine. Well, because it is. Whether you get that by trading jokes with a friend, watching a funny television show, or by hanging out with your friends, sometimes a smile is all you need.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to relieve stress, so what are some of yours? Let us know in the comments section below and keep this conversation going.
Here Are A Few Coupons To Ease Your Stress:
Foot Locker | $15 Off $75+ Orders (ongoing)
Hotels.com | $20 Off 3-Night Booking (ongoing)
Avon | Free Shipping on 10+ Orders (ongoing)